13 November 2011

Russian Winter







































This shoot by Mariano Vivanco for the November issue of Vogue Russia is my inspiration for my winter wardrobe (substitute faux fur!) I love how the model, Maryna Linchuk, has been draped in heavy duty fur, flowing maxis, scarves + jewels. I used to have a Russian hat like the one in the first shot when I was about fourteen + I loved it and wore it incessantly for three winters until I lost it. However, it's the paisley, peasant prints that steal the show for me in this shoot. Also, the belt in the last shot? I need to find something similar.

On the subject of fur though, I just can't bring myself to wear the real thing. My granny had the most incredible full length fur coat and although she passed away nearly 17 years ago, it still hangs in her wardrobe. I've tried it on and it looks amazing, but I know I will never wear it. It's faux fur all the way for me!

Photos by Mariano Vivanco via fashiongonerogue

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! your blog is really inspiring!:)
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! So much inspiration in your blog!
    Hope we can follow each other on blogspot&bloglovin :)
    http://purpleelixir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. would also never ever wear real fur, I think it's a shame to do so. Love those shoots, though. Fake fur is very pretty

    ReplyDelete